The immune system in humans is compose of complicated and multiple networks of organs, microbes and cells. The immune system never forgets the infection which it has once encountered. The record in saved in B and T lymphocytes which are also called memory cells. The system always encounters infections from common cold or flu several times due to variety in the strains of viruses.
Nutrients required for Healthy Immunity
Maintaining a healthy immunity is essential because it protects the body from harmful attacks. There are various nutrients that can help in boosting and nourishing the immunity mechanism.
- Zinc: The deficiency of zinc can adversely affect the immune mechanism. It is essential for normal development and growth of cells. Zinc has a capacity of functioning as antioxidant and membrane stabilizer. Thus, it prevents the radical injury during inflammation. Body absorbs better portion for from animal sources such as seafood. However, vegetarian sources like nuts, tofu, wheat germ and beans.
- Beta Carotene: This antioxidant protects the body from free radicals. The presence of free radicals takes a toll on the healthy cells and damage them by oxidation. Consequently, it causes diseases like cancer. But Dr. Kanury Rao with his valuable research there is a hope to reduce the fatality rate of cancer. It is primarily found in plant-based product like carrot, tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, mango, etc.
- Vitamin D: It slows down the proliferation of cells. Vitamin D along with the immune cell receptors such as the killer cells, neutrophiles and macrophages. It escalates the peptide production in the cells so that they can fight against the pathogens. Peptides like defensins and cathelicidins have anti-microbial attributes that make them a significant part of the natural immunity mechanism. Milk, fruit juices, fatty fishes are profused with Vitamin D.
- Probiotics: Probiotics have influential role in stimulating the immunity system. They help to maintain a network of helpful micro-organisms within the body. It has assorted use in prevention of various diseases of both adults and infants. They are often termed as ‘good bacteria’. Fermented food products like yogurt are rich in probiotic.
- Vitamin C: You are already aware of the role of Vitamin C in healing wounds and infections. It strong antioxidized property helps to neutralize the free radicals. It also boosts the collagen production. Berries, citrus fruits, tomatoes, broccoli, etc., are enriched with Vitamin C.
- Proteins: The amino acids substances are the building blocks of proteins. They establish a beneficial connection with the immunity cells (cytokines, leukocytes and phagocytes). Do you know protein synthesis is assume to be one of the cancers controlling measures? Proteins can be derive from both animal and plants sources, for example: eggs, chickens, seafood, seeds, nuts, etc.
Dr. Kanury Rao, is famous for his invaluable contribution in strengthening the immunology.
Ways to boost the Immunity System
According to science, there are few cardinal rules of maintaining immunity. Maintaining the immunity is essential for a healthy lifestyle:
- Hydration: Never compromise with drinking habits! Lymph is carried in the circulatory system which is important for combating infection. Dehydration leads to slow-down of lymph circulation causing impairment of the immunity mechanism.
- Adequate sleep: Isn’t it sounding weird? But the truth is while we sleep our bodies are engaged in some of the crucial activities. Anti-viral molecules are produce within the body in sleeping mode. Studies have stated that people who do not proper sleep have higher chances of suffering from common cold.
- Healthy Diet: What we eat daily determines the state of our health. Including healthy fats, legumes, vegetables, etc. in diet ensure the consistent supply of nutrition in our body. Consuming those food will maintain a constant flow of nutrition to our body strengthening the immunity.
- Regular Exercise: Exercising daily will help you to stay fit and keep away from diseases for long time.
A proper immunity system can rapidly distinguish between the self-antigens and the foreign antigens. It targets, attacks, kills and mobilizes the invader cells which harm your body. The immune system studies the germs once they get exposure to it. The body starts producing the antibodies to fight the infection.
For example: After disease of typhoid vaccine enters the body, it starts developing antibodies to fight that disease. Later, if the body identifies the germs inside the body, it will rapidly attack them. Dr. Kanury Rao, one of the most popular Indian immunologists has come up with a solution to such immune disorder known as cancer.
Immune system protects the body from all odds. It gives a tough fight to microbes to prevent damaging the body mechanism. For example: Cancer weakens the immunity of the body, and it can be fatal if neglected. Dr. Kanury Rao, with his quality effort has achieved the success of developing the cancer detection device to offer a better life.