Because branded medicines and surgical supplies are so expensive in India, millions still can’t afford good health care, especially in rural areas. This makes them more likely to get common diseases that are easy to treat. So, the Indian government wants to help people in rural and semi-rural areas get affordable health care through its main program, the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana (PMJAY). This program helps poor people and poor rural families, which is why it financially helps poor and needy households in rural and urban areas.
What is PMJAY Scheme?
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Scheme (PMJAY), or Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Scheme, is one of the most extensive health care programs that the Indian government pays for. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana health care plan. It is meant to cover more than 50 million Indians and nearly 10 million low-income families, no matter how big or old the family is. The Ayushman Bharat Yojana (PMJAY) will help these families get the best healthcare by covering up to INR 5 lakh per family per year in tertiary and secondary hospitalization costs with insurance.
Benefit Cover Under PMJAY
It takes care of all the unexpected costs that hospitals have.
PMJAY gives its clients a service that doesn’t require cash.
It pays for the person’s transportation to and from the hospital before and after admission.
It is part of the benefits plan and covers the cost of daycare.
It also covers the PMJAY package, which protects the beneficiary’s pre-existing conditions.
It has plans for after-care care to make sure the patient gets better.
How much money can you make from a Pradhan Mantri Jan aushadhi Kendra?
Since the owner sells generic medicines, the profit margins are lower, but you can make a lot of money by trading in bulk. The Pharma Industry is looking at the growth potential of unbranded pharmacies and coming up with ways to make things better for companies and firms. The amount of money a pradhan Mantri jan aushadhi Kendra makes depends on how many items were sold that month. If the medicines you’re selling are worth Rs.1 Lakh, you could easily make Rs.20,000, which is 20% of the sale.
What You Need to Do to Apply for the PMJAY Scheme
Proof of age and identity: Aadhaar card or PAN card
Information like a phone number, address, and email address
Income certificate (maximum annual income up to Rs. 5 lakh a year)
There must be proof of the family’s current situation (Joint or nuclear)
How to Sign Up Online for PMJAY Scheme?
The PMJAY scheme is easy to sign up for. It applies to everyone on the SECC 2011 list of beneficiaries and in the RSBY scheme. But if you want to sign up for PMJAY online, you can do so by following these steps:
- Visit the PMJAY scheme’s website.
- Find the tab “Am I Eligible?” and click on it.
- Enter your phone number and the CAPTCHA code, and then click the button that says “Generate OTP.”
- Now enter your state and your name, ration card number, address, or phone number.
- If your family is part of the PMJAY program, your name will appear in the results.
The Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi scheme has the following essential parts.
- The people who want to open a store must hire a pharmacist with a B Pharma or D Pharma degree.
- All bidding processes must be open and fair, giving all participants the same chance.
- BPPI will set up a central warehouse, C&F agents in different places, and distributors in all States and Union Territories.
- The BPPI will plan and carry out media activities that will help spread the word about generic medicines and help the PMBJP reach its goals with various Jan aushadhi medical store.